E-Commerce (Shopify) Manager
JOB TITLE: e-Commerce Manager
LOCATION: Denver, CO
REPORTS TO: Director of Merchandising
The e-Commerce Manager is responsible for the brand's DTC e-commerce sales channel, including but not limited to: strategizing, budgeting, optimizing, planning, merchandising, and marketing. The e-Commerce Manager should have strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of ecommerce product management. Through managing the overall web process, this individual will own and execute the product assortment strategy needed to maximize sales, customer acquisition and retention.
MAJOR TASKS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage digital marketing and e-commerce efforts for the Garage Sale website.
- Pack orders and manage inventory. Oversee order fulfillment.
- Consistently audit website and vendors
- Project manage when it comes to buy / sell / trade mail in.
- Develop and manage website blog / magazine.
- Develop and manage e-commerce marketing programs (SEM, affiliate marketing, remarketing, etc.) with the goal of driving high quality and high ROI traffic to the site. As appropriate, source and manage outside vendors to assist in achieving these goals.
- Grow and manage customer lists.
- Own and execute e-commerce roadmap.
- Develop ideas for new digital strategies across all channels that detail campaign objectives, tactics, rationale, strategy, and creative inspiration.
- Build and maintain an integrated e-commerce calendar tracking product launches, site/UX updates, homepage refreshes, and sales/promotions.
- Develop and own goals and performance metrics, tracking campaign budgets and monitoring campaign KPI's to understand effectiveness of strategies and identify opportunities for improvement and recommend in-campaign optimizations on a continuous basis.
- Configure ad campaigns across the web and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.) for our clients with impeccable precision.
- Establish detailed A/B testing processes to test creative design, content, cadence, and timing to improve performance.
- Manage all aspects of the Company’s digital marketing programs including search, social, referral, email & SMS.
Manage customer service in regards to order fulfillment and general online inquiries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, economics, technology, engineering and/or relevant field of study.
- At least 5 years of E-commerce industry experience.
- At least 2+ years in each of Google Search and Display Advertising, Facebook/Instagram Advertising, & Email Marketing.
- Extremely driven, excited with a history of building a rapidly growing e-commerce business.
- Experience with a successful D2C company; startup mentality, adaptable, and strong work ethic.
- Proven track record of achieving sales plans.
- Experience in digital marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in Shopify, FloDesk, Facebook Ads, Google Ads and more.
- Demonstrated ability to build, execute, and scale ad, email, and social marketing programs that engage, inform and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Ahrefs, Google Keyword Planner, SEM Rush, and Google Analytics) and a track record of using them to extract actionable insights.
- Be data-driven with sharp analytical skills; ability to gather data in order to inform major decisions and translate performance data into actionable insights using quantitative analysis
DESIRED CAPABILITIES & HARD SKILLS (AS WRITTEN BY OUR WEB DESIGNER WHO BUILT THE SHOPIFY SITE)
SHOPIFY ADMIN DASHBOARD
- Filter and Bulk edit products to add/update
- Product type
- Stock availability
- Use same naming conventions always (Ex: if the format is X-Large then never input XL or XLarge or X because those will all show up as different options in customer’s search filter and we just want it to be easy, clean, and consistent with ONE format)
- Regularly audit or create smart/automated collections using tags and product logic (meaning: when you’ve added new products from the Faire integration, you need to be sure that proper tags and item types are added via the bulk product editor and THEN put those logic filters into the automated collections so everything is getting sorted properly in the Navigation for customers
- Update navigation to reflect updated collections
- Create Discount codes
- Update FAQs
3RD PARTY SHOPIFY APPS
- Regularly review Faire orders via the Shopify Integration and sync to reflect correct inventory on Shopify (need to properly tag, type, add size variants, and update stock
- Add calendar events (one-offs and repeating)
- For calendar app events: always follow color scheme based on location (duplicate and existing event at relevant location and then change all the info)
- Update Location Finder App with changes to locations and store info (such as hours)
- Ensure Flodesk is capturing emails and update popups
SHOPIFY THEME CUSTOMIZER
- Add Promotions and announcements
- Duplicate template pages and assign to content pages
- Ensures mobile view is legible and corrects it with customizations when not
- Update Press page with new features
- Always add ALT tags to images that incorporate relevant info for accessibility AND incorporate an SEO keyword
- Maintain Job Descriptions/openings on Career Page
OVERALL AWARENESS OF A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE
- Ensures info is accurate at every touch point (i.e. if store hours change, knows to update hours across multiple pages I.e. CONTACT, BAR, LOCATION FINDER APP)
- Do not rename URL structure unless absolutely necessary (and when it’s necessary, ensure every link on site is updated to new one too)
- QA (Quality Assurance): Regularly tests/views content updates/editions on BOTH desktop and mobile and adjusts accordingly in the theme customizer
- create new appointment types and embed them in theme Customizer
GENERAL BEST PRACTICES
- Optimize images before upload to Shopify
- Rename to always incorporate “Garage Sale Vintage” and a relevant keyword or Keyphrase
Resize to be no bigger than 1000px on longest side and 72ppi
- Have external links be opened in a new tab always (we want to keep people on the GSV site as long as we can!)